ODAY 25 SAILBOAT: QUIET SPIRIT
boat type: oday 25 trailer-able sailboat
name: quiet spirit
fully loaded with electronics, racing gear, 2 motors
set up for single handling
Originally build 1979, she has a completely new outer hull paint job, professionally done by Skullerude Marine Coos Bay in 2006, using highest quality two component Pettit boat paint system (a $3500 job).
She is loaded with electronics, racing gear, and 2 motors: one gas and one x-large electric. I've easily invested $25000 in this boat!
The main motor is a 2012 Yamaha 4 stroke 8 hp x long shaft, high thrust sailboat outboard with electric start and charging system, in excellent condition. It has a current blue book value of $1800. The boat has an extra heavy-duty lift mount for it on starboard side.
It also comes with the biggest and most powerful MinnKota Saltwater Electric Motor, 36 volt, as a backup or as a trolling motor. This motor was $1000 new in 2013 and it comes with 3 deep cycle batteries. I built an extra motor mount on the port side for it. It has impressive thrust, equivalent to about a 3 hp gas motor.
- Oversized Raymarine autopilot (the model for a 40 foot boat), it is the model with the activator piston, the main computer, the digital display unit and the compass as individual units, plus the Raymarine Smart Controller wireless remote ($1900 total)
- Digital solar powered Raymarine wind system ($950)
- Ultrasonic Anti Fouling system with 2 transducers and control unit (imported from Australia for $1200, works really good!!)
- Lawrance GPS chart plotter with extra detailed US West-coast charts
- VHF radio with 2 independent stations in cabin and cockpit
- Marine quality stereo CD system with AUX input and bass woofer
- 6 sails: new main in 2014, 2 jibs, 2 genoas, 1 storm jib, all very good
- Garhauer rigid boom vang ($800)
- 2 self tailing Lewmar chrome winches (these were $1300)
- Kick-up Ida-Sailor racing poly-rudder with lift-assist-piston ($1500) can be lifted out of the water when not in use to stay clean and will kick up in case of touching ground
- Backstay racing adjuster ($450)
- 4’ Garhauer mainsail traveler
- Garhauer blocks and tackle
- 2 genoa track
- 4 jib tracks
- Easy mast raising system
- Extra mainsail winch
- Mainsail boom reefing system
- Jib downhaul system
- 3 multi marine battery charging systems
She is set up for single handling with all control sheets routed into the cockpit.
It comes with a double axel trailer that was completely overhauled (including new wheel bearings) in 2016. It has tongue extension for easy self launch capability.
Because I used her mainly as a day-sailor, I removed the porta potty (in favor for an electric dehumidifier), the stove and the water tank, but I still have all these items and they come with the boat. She has shore-power installed and it comes with the yellow, fat electrical shorepower chord.
The boat has a 2’ stub keel with the dropdown centerboard. The keel is part of the hull (not bolted on) so there are no seams or corroding keel bolts to worry about.
I fiber-glassed about 350 extra pounds of lead into the bilge for best stability and sailing performance. She sails stable, safe, dry and fast. I sailed her over 200 times here on and around Coos Bay and always kept everything clean, updated and 100% maintained.
The interior is clean: no dry-rot, mold, or mildew, as I always run a dehumidifier and fans inside the boat. It is now stored on the trailer under a carport (since end of 2016).
My price idea is $7000 for everything, but I am open for negotiations and offers.
In case you do not need the Yamaha motor, I can adjust the price accordingly.
Please email me for more info or questions: email@example.com